This is an intensive and comprehensive laboratory-oriented course focusing on applying imaging techniques to neuroscience research. The objective of this imaging course is to gain exposure to modern imaging tools from the principles of optics to applications in modern neuroscience.
The course has been formatted to include lectures in the morning and laboratory sections in the afternoon and evening. Students will rotate through all laboratory sections, and focus on one section (and one optional section) for the remainder of the course.
- 1-photon miniature microscopy
- 2-photon imaging
- 2-photon endoscopy
- 2-photon temporal focusing CHR2 activation In vivo imaging
- 2-photon photostimulation using holography activation
- 3-photon imaging
- Brain clearing/Light sheet microscopy
- Confocal microscopy
- Electron microscopy/Correlative light-electron microscopy (CLEM)
- Functional imaging
- In vivo imaging
- Neurotransmitter uncaging
- Optics and adaptive optics
- Super resolution microscopy
Take a look inside MPFI’s Advanced Neuroimaging Course:
Past participants share why they applied for the course and discuss what skills they took away from the experience:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 25, 2019
NOTE: All application materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline. Decisions will be made approximately two weeks following the application deadline. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the application.